Characteristics of a Geographer
• An excellent knowledge of where places are and what they are like.
• An excellent understanding of the ways in which places are interdependent and interconnected and how much human and physical environments are interrelated.
• An extensive understanding of geographical vocabulary.
• Ability to question, analyse and present information accurately
• The ability to reach clear conclusions and develop a reasoned argument to explain findings.
• Highly developed fieldwork and other geographical skills.
• The ability to express well-balanced opinions, rooted in knowledge and understanding about current and contemporary issues: Including an awareness of environmental risks and climate change and the role they will play now and in the future.